Saturday, August 4, 2007

Greetings From Guangzhou

We arrived in Guangzhou around 4PM yesterday and could not be happier! It was hot in Beijing but it is HOT here. That's ok because there is another family here and we have been alone since we arrived in China (other than our guides). So the company is very welcomed. They feel the same way. More on the other family in our next post.
Today Tru took his visa photo (frowning as usual), had his medical exam, and then... we shopped. We only had about 45 minutes for shopping today but we made the most of it and spent most of our time at Sherry's Place. Dallas watched all of the kids while the other mom and I purchased silk pajamas and chops for the boys. There were other purchases - luckily Dallas just keeps his back turned and hands over his wallet when it is time to pay! But hey - you don't come to China everyday!!

We visited the White Swan Hotel (where all of these photos were taken) for some play time for the kids.
Lin-Ley met some other "big girls" there who were also back in China to adopt siblings. I heard her ask them, "Hi guys. Where are you from?" I do not think they ever answered her but I think she was trying to find out if they were from China too.
Lin-Ley took this picture of the fish and wanted to make sure I posted it.






Lin-Ley was born in the year of the horse.






Tru was born in the year of the rooster.
All of our paperwork is complete. Now we just wait while Tru's visa is being processed. So until then... I guess we will just have to shop!

1 comment:

Becky, Drew and Luci said...

I was starting to get blog withdrawals! Glad you made it safely to Guangzhou! Are you at the Garden Hotel by chance? It is where we stayed when we went back for Luci. Do some shopping for me...boy I miss that! Hugs and kisses for the cuties from me!