Sunday, August 5, 2007

Blessings and Shopping

We started our day at a Buddhist Temple. We visited this temple when we adopted Lin-Ley as well. We were all blessed by the monks and then enjoyed the scenery. We have some great pictures but I just wish they could convey the extreme heat here. Dallas even commented today that Louisiana has nothing on Guangzhou as far as the heat and humidity.

Lucia (our guide) with Lin-Ley and Christopher.

The family that we are with now is Kari and Christopher. Kari's husband and son (also adopted from China last year) are waiting for them at home. We have really enjoyed having them here! Christopher is three years old.










The kids were blessed by a Monk.







Great picture of Tru.








Kari and Christopher.







When Tru is hungry he opens his mouth and points inside. He does this alot! I do not know how he eats so much!!




Play time at the hotel.










After we visited the Temple we had a fried chicken and dumpling lunch. It was probably one of the best meals we have had in China. Then we visited a local silk and embroidery shop. This store did not compare to the one in Changsha but we managed to find a few things...


DISCLAIMER: When I post to this blog I am unable to make changes. I know that there have been some misspelled words. That is one of my biggest pet peeves! I can post but can not view the web page that you see. And... everything is in Chinese. I will make some corrections later...

1 comment:

Becky, Drew and Luci said...

Stay cool! Glad you've got some other company now! I'd gladly brave the heat to be there with you! Take care and lots of love!
Becky