Sunday, August 4, 2013

Mom Is A Grad!

20 years ago I (Jody) graduated with my Bachelor's degree in Accounting. Over the last two decades Dallas and I started a family which has been our greatest accomplishment by far. However, professionally, I have sat in an office accomplishing nothing (or so it seems). Enough of that! It is time to get out in the world and make a difference. God has worked on me through my family, our children and my work in our church as a Sunday School teacher. I decided very suddenly about 1.5 years ago that I was going back to school. Today I received my Master's degree in elementary and special education. I should be teaching later this month in my own classroom. This week holds interviews and possibilities.
One proud grad! Look out world - here I come!

3 comments:

Becky, Drew and Luci said...

You ROCK!! Couldn't happen to a better person!! Congrats!!

Pharaby Hutton said...

Congrats!

taralee815 said...

This is so cool! And this accountant totally GETS IT! I have this conversation with myself in my head every day. Now why did I chose to do this for a living??!!??
We are so proud of you! Good luck with the interviews and enjoy every day that you are NOT doing accounting!