Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend 2011

Oh, a blessed three day weekend. With no plans or engagements. Literally nothing planned. How long has it been?

The holiday was in full force right after school on Friday.

There was swinging,

then everyone got a ride on the John Deere.





On Saturday it was time to garden.



Getting as dirty as possible is a must for our kids.



The potatoes were growing quite nicely so they decided to plant sweet potatoes as well.



Then, in the sweltering heat, there were many races across the field,



as well as other games such as Hula Hoop Toss.


To get everyone cooled down Dallas cut a cold, sweet watermelon.





On Sunday we even got a break from Chinese School so Tru had some time to work on his basketball skills.


Somehow, between all the fun, Lin-Ley managed to read seventeen books over the long weekend.







Unfortunately, Dallas had to work on Memorial Day.  So, the kids and I had to find something fun do.  I took them to Toys R Us to spend some gifts cards they had received at Christmas.  As we were about the leave the kids pointing out our "swarm of bees".  When I looked over toward our cherry tree (which is scheduled to be removed soon) I saw the swarm.  It was not bees but what was it?  It was coming out of the damaged branch that looks as if it will fall any day.  I wanted Dallas to see the activity so I took a quick video.  I am not sure how long this lasted but the kids and I watched it for at least ten minutes.



1 comment:

Becky, Drew and Luci said...

Yay!! A new post!! I look for them everyday!! Glad you had a great holiday!!