Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Lin-Ley's Charitable Recognition

As I mentioned in June, Lin-Ley has collected toys and treats for the "Soldier Dogs" at her last two birthday parties rather than gifts for herself. We have delivered the doggie gifts to a local Dogtopia in support of their K-9 Support program. K-9 Support collects donations (mostly monetary) and holds dog washes to raise money to send care packages to the military dogs (as well as their handlers) serving in Iraq, Kuwait and Afghanistan as well as other military locations. Lin-Ley gets a big kick out of the fact that there are dogs that are Soldiers like her Daddy.


I received an email from Dogtopia today letting us know that Lin-Ley has received a place of honor on their K-9 Support website. I showed it to Lin-Ley tonight. She was thrilled to see her photo and read their note about her.


Here is a link to their website:
(Just click on the link, scroll down and find the section labeled "A Very Special Donor")
http://dogdaycare.com/k9support.php

Lin-Ley wrote a letter to the Soldier Dogs that will be going with the goodies that she collected. They will be splitting up all of the items Lin-Ley collected so that many different units will receive her note.


Here is the letter that Lin-Ley dictated to me:

Dear Soldier Dogs,

My name is Lin-Ley. I had my 6th birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. I collected presents for you because you are soldiers and I hope you like them. My friends brought you presents. You are cool. My daddy is a soldier too. He is on a long trip right now.

Do you have fun? I hope you play with your new toys. I am sending you some big bones. Do you have human helpers?

I hope you have a good time with the presents. You are the best soldier dogs.


Love,
Lin-Ley


And we included this photo:

1 comment:

Dan and Tina said...

You are raising one lovely little lady Jody!
GREAT JOB LIN-LEY!!