Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lin-Ley's Love Of Reading

Lin-Ley has developed quite a love of reading. In an effort to encourage this new passion I try to bring home books from the library weekly. After this weekend I now know that weekly will no longer be sufficient.

I brought home six books on Friday. By Saturday evening she had read them all and directed me on which books I should bring home tomorrow.

These books (part of the Rainbow Magic series by Scholastic) are around 65 pages each. There are books about rainbow fairies, jewel fairies, animal fairies, and on and on. If you have a reader at or around the 2nd grade level check out these books. This is a link to their official website: http://www.rainbowmagiconline.com

We are so pleased with Lin-Ley's love of reading!!

Because she has enjoyed these books so much I thought I would pass on these great and entertaining books for your reader.

Happy Reading! We will see you at the library!!

Quote Of The Day:

I've traveled the world twice over,
Met the famous; saints and sinners,
Poets and artists, kings and queens,
Old stars and hopeful beginners,
I've been where no one's been before,
Learned secrets from writers and cooks,
All with one library ticket
To the wonderful world of books.
~Anonymous~

1 comment:

Becky, Drew and Luci said...

I'm pleased to see she loves it, too! Drew hasn't exactly fallen in love, but she likes to read well enough. It's hard to explain to them at this age how wonderful reading really is! I'm hoping she reads something soon that will give her the bug! I adore getting lost in a book...just haven't had much time lately. Maybe when the cold drives me in...