Sunday, July 19, 2009

Meet Madeline

Disclaimer: I had nothing to do with this. And I am still not believing it!

This is Madeline.
Lin-Ley has been talking about getting a pet. I have said no to a dog for now so the discussions have revolved around guinea pigs and rabbits.
Dallas surprised all of us when he came home yesterday after a trip to Home Depot (yet another plug for Home Depot!) with this little creature. He thought this would be a good test of Lin-Ley's commitment to becoming a new pet owner.



She and Tru (surprisingly) instantly wanted to hold her. Lin-Ley went outside, sat in the grass, and allowed Mousey to crawl all over her.





It crawled up under her hair and Dallas had to come give her a hand.

(That gave me chills!)

































As long as Madeline stays safely tucked into her cage we will not have any problems.
I just keep thinking about how contradictory it is that we always have mouse traps on hand....

2 comments:

Dan and Tina said...

Aww.... how sweet is that!

Becky, Drew and Luci said...

I can't believe it's not trying to make a break for freedom while Lin-ley holds it outside! Better you than me!! We have dogs (albeit FOUR of them)and those are the ONLY animals I'll ever allow as pets!! Have fun with the poop!! ;-)