Friday, June 12, 2009

Our New (VERY TEMPORARY) Pets

Dallas and Lin-Ley arrived home about one hour before Tru and me. While Lin-Ley was playing in the yard Dallas went to our shed to get out his lawn equipment. Apparently a mommy mouse thought that was a good place to make a nest and start a family.

When Dallas moved the tractor the mommy ran out and soon the babies did too. Lin-Ley came over and was immediately excited and asked to keep them as pets. One-by-one Dallas and Lin-Ley caught the baby mice with a butterfly net. We just happened to have a small aquarium so by the time Tru and I arrived home the babies were tucked snuggly into their new habitat with a decorative food container, a rag (so that they would have a comfy bed tonight), and some bird food and dog food.

Dallas told Lin-Ley that she could keep the baby mice through the weekend. I am sure she is thinking that we will cave and allow her to keep them indefinitely. Not going to happen!


Sure - they are cute behind glass.















I guess she is just an equal opportunity animal lover!













Friday night is movie night for the kids. By coincidence the movie I selected tonight (from the library - love the library!) was about a mouse:

2 comments:

Lacy Caime said...

Too cute! Not that I like mice, but those would sooo be in my classroom is you lived closer! I would take good care of them Lin-Ley....not to mention the fact that my students would love them! :)

Becky, Drew and Luci said...

Lin-ley would love living at my house...since it was built in 1860, we have no choice but to cohabitate with the nasty little buggers! No more cats in the house either! Luckily, they make their presence known only once in a blue moon!