Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mother's Day (A Little Late...)

Mother's Day began on Friday. During Lin-Ley's whole Kindergarten school year I was unable to accompany her on any field trips. With Dallas in Kuwait/Iraq and Tru's 100+ doctor appointments it was just not possible.
Finally, I was able to go on a 1st grade field trip to the zoo....

1st photo op.















Lin-Ley, Mrs. Kim and Abby

















Lin-Ley's favorite zoo animal is definitely the giraffe.




























After returning to Lin-Ley's school that afternoon I drove to Tru's school. They were having a Mother's Day treat. I was a little late. Once I walked in the door Tru started jumping up and down and began reaching for my treat which he had helped make. His teachers told me that he had been asking where his mommy was because so many other moms were already there. Tru sat me down in one of their tiny little chairs and brought over the cup of goodies which consisted of strawberries and grapes in a thick whipped-cream. He sat the cup in front of me, removed the foil, and began eating the fruit. He continued to eat every bite smiling at me between each bite. He truly enjoyed himself. It was then that I realized he was not so happy that I was there but that my being there finally meant he could eat my Mother's Day treat....

Then Tru and I were off again to pick up Lin-Ley at her Chinese tutor's home. Mrs. Yuzhen had taught Lin-Ley a Mother's Day song in Chinese. In this video Mrs. Yuzhen's daughter, Lucy, joins Lin-Ley:


Youtube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAHH4TuGAPc

Then Lin-Ley decided she wanted to share one more song while I had the camera rolling...


Youtube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFIXsXCUqtM

Garden Update -

Lin-Ley poses with the sprouting plants (and one flower). The potatoes are really growing!













Budding strawberries.
















One of Lin-Ley's favorite outdoor activities lately (other than getting her clothes as dirty as possible while collecting worms, butterflies, spiders, etc) is climbing the rope on their swing set.









Tru takes it easy.





















Time for one last race between Lin-Ley and Daddy. As you can see Dallas does not play fair.