Sunday, March 8, 2009

Smiling Watermelons

Dallas took Lin-Ley to Home Depot today. They looked at the usual items you need this time of year: lawn tools, plants, seeds, etc. Lin-Ley was allowed to pick out a cup of seeds for Tru and herself. She picked out gourds for Tru and watermelons for herself.

Here is a photo of the cup Lin-Ley picked out for herself:

On the way home she asked Dallas,
"How long will it take my watermelons to look like that?"
"Look like what?"
"You know, with the smiley faces on it?"
Dallas smiled and told her that her watermelons would not have smiley faces - it was just a picture.
Lin-Ley was instantly upset. She said she never would have chosen those seeds if she would have know that!
When Dallas told me that story I could not help but laugh.
A few minutes later Lin-Ley came over and I told her that I could not wait until her watermelons grew because I had never seen watermelons with faces on them. She looked immediately at Dallas and we all started laughing.
It's the little things....

1 comment: