Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Farm Animals and The Reptile

Last Saturday was a busy day. Tru began gymnastics class! I was able to schedule Lin-Ley and Tru's classes at the same time. Tru's class is a parent-and-child class so I was there to modify some of the activities. However, since he learned to walk independently last week he only has one agenda... walking! So it was a little hard to keep his attention on the instructor. But it was his first week so we will see how it goes. He did, however, learn to love the forward roll. Once he tried that move it was soon his new passion. He wanted to keep rolling and rolling.
Lin-Ley has been in gymnastics for two years now but this was the first week at the new gym. She now has a male instructor. Previously she had young girls (teenagers) as instructors. I think
this change will be a good one for her. She was much more active in this class and said she enjoyed it.
Change is good...

After gymnastics we hung out for a while and then met Lin-Ley's friend, Jordyn, at the petting farm. While Tru had been there once before he was in a stroller and could not move around freely. This time he was walking everywhere. And when I say he was walking... he showed little interest in the animals. He only wanted to walk. Walk anywhere - everywhere - with anybody - toward anything - and he was all smiles all of the time!


Tru was absolutely fascinated with the fact that food came out of this little contraption. He watched Lin-Ley and Jordyn get the food and feed the goats. He tried and tried to figure out where the food came from. At one point I tried to show him that you had to put a quarter in the machine and turn the handle. That was beside the point and pushed the quarter away. He just wanted the goat food!








You would think he was laughing at the goat. No, he's just laughing because he is happy... because he is walking!
















Lin-Ley had enough of the sticky goat food and went for the grass and flowers. The goats loved it. They are goats after all and will eat anything!
Lin-Ley would have stayed with this one goat for hours but we finally convinced her to move on to the other animals.





















Other animals? Apparently the only animals that interested our kids were the goats. But look at these babies! Can you blame them?
















Love this photo!





















Happy Girl!























Tru had his first horse ride. He really did not know what I was doing when I put him on top of this huge animal. But he enjoyed the bumpy ride!













Cinderella and her Prince.





















Two weekends ago I literally ran into this surprise. We were leaving the house and I had slid open both doors on our van by the remote control. Lin-Ley ran to the van, got in and closed her door. I was holding Tru and went around to his side of the van. As I approached the door I stopped just shy of stepping on this snake's head. His body was under the van and if I would have walked all the way to the open van door I would have stepped on his head! I froze immediately and then ran back to the other side of the van, closed his door with the remote and got into the driver's seat while still holding Tru. Lin-Ley looked at me like I was crazy and and asked what I was doing. After I backed up the van (over the snake) and put Tru in his seat, I slid open the door to show Lin-Ley the snake. She said, "Oh wow Mom! Take a picture! I wish Daddy was here to see it! I wish he wasn't still in Texas."
I still can not convince her that he is not in Texas.

No comments: